Monday, January 31, 2011

Computer Specs

Hello all! First off, I'd like to welcome our newest follower, Michael Cabana! Thanks so much for helping to spread the word about this blog. I should start posting more often if I'm going to be getting more and more followers. ^.^

On to the topic at hand, so far, I've posted samples of my work in the past pertaining to Java Code, I should be able to post some XHTML in the upcoming weeks, so look forward to that, but more importantly, I wanted to share my abilities as a technician when it comes to the physical hardware we commonly call a "Personal Computer".

Since 2005, I have personally, single-handedly, and successfully assembled 2 Home Computer Systems from parts bought at a MicroBytes outlet in Pointe-Claire, installed all the corresponding software myself, and configured the systems to work properly using Windows Operating Systems. My system from 2005 has been dismantled due to lack of performance and outdated technology (R.I.P.), but my latest system is one I assembled this past Summer (2010) using Windows 7 Home Premium as the OS, though I'm attempted to install the Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 Kernel onto it, but am having trouble with the bootloading process.

Regardless, here are my currect system's technical specs:

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor 3.00 GHz
RAM Installed: 2 GB DDR3 RAM
Primary HDD: Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B0 (1 TB)
Secondary HDD: Seagate Technology ST380011A (80 GB)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 5750

That's about all I can think of putting on there for now. The system itself cost me with the OS CD about $850 CDN plus change and taxes. I do plan on getting more RAM at some future point, might go with Triple-Channeling 4 GB Modules.

Stay Tuned for more updates!

~DanceLink

2 comments: